How to apply for PTPTN
March 27, 2013
Applications forms must be the Education Loan Application Form which is available from PTPTN or all IPTs at RM5 per copy.
The form can also be obtained by mail by enclosing a postal order and a self-addressed envelope (27 cm x 34 cm) with a RM2 stamp from:
National Higher Education Loan Corporation
Lot G2, Ground Floor, Wisma Chase Perdana
Off Jalan Semantan, Damansara Heights
50490 Kuala Lumpur
The completed application form must be submitted through the respective IPTs within the date specified by the IPTs, i.e. twice every semester. Applications sent directly to the PTPTN and not via the IPTs will not be entertained.
- All applications must be accompanied by ONE (1) CERTIFIED TRUE COPY of the following supporting documents:
- Applicant’s identity card
- Offer letter from IPT
- SPM certificate (a copy of the SPM examination result transcript will only be accepted if the period does not exceed TWO YEARS, i.e. commencing from year of SPM examination to year of PTPTN application)
- Other qualification certificates. Example: STPM/diploma/matriculation
- Personal Account Number Statement/Book according to banks specified by the IPT
- Pay slip or Government Pensioner’s Card or J/EA/EC/BA Form or Income Certification Form of guardian and spouse of guardian (format of the Income Certification Form can be obtained here).
Applicants who submit their loan applications in the second semester and beyond are required to attach additional supporting documents:
I. Confirmation of student status from the IPT
II. Copy of the examination results of all previous semesters
All supporting documents that must be enclosed are to be photocopied on A4 size paper.
Information about Education Institution and Course Codes can be obtained from the respective IPTs or click here for the said information.
Officers eligible to certify documents are as follows:
People’s Representatives, government officers in the management and professional group, legal practitioners, commissioners for oaths, justices of the peace, principals, school heads (government schools only), police officers of the rank of ASP and above, military officers of the rank of captain or equivalent and above, penghulu, village heads, penggawa, tuai rumah, accredited ethnic group or sub-district chiefs.
If an applicant does not receive feedback within 1 month from the date of PTPTN receiving the application form, the application can be deemed to be unsuccessful.
Closing Date of PTPTN Education Loan Application
Public higher education institute(IPTA)
Private higher education institute(IPTS)